POSITIONS and EMPLOYMENT:
October 2017 – September 2019: Marie Curie fellow at the Institute of Sociology, research group: „Biotechnology, Nature and Society“, Goethe university, Frankfurt am Main
2015 - 2016 and 2005 - 2011: head of Social Anthropology Program at the Department of Sociology, FSS MU, Czech Republic (since 2008: assistant professor)
- 2008: Ph.D. in Sociology, FSS Masaryk University, Czech Republic, Ph.D. dissertation "Imagination of National Genes/Social Theory Embodied"
- 2001: MA in Sociology: FSS, Masaryk University, Czech Republic, MA thesis "Fascism, Formal Rationality and Healthy Body"
- 2000: MA in History: Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Czech Republic.
since 2011: ISA (International Sociological Association)
since 2014: ESPMH (European Society for Philosophy of Medicine and Health)
since 2013: IUAES (International Union for Anthropological and Ethnological Studies)
since 2012: ESA (European Sociological Association, RG: Body and Society, Art and Sociology and Risk and Society)
ORGANISING INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- together with Zálešák, Jan, Klodová, Lenka, and Kozlovská, Kristýna. 2015. Visual Studies — Science, Art, Institutions/Encounter Imagination. Panels relating to the theme of the Body and Biotechnology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic.
- together with Iva Šmídová, Slepičková Lenka, and Hubert Wiercinski. Third Annual Health in Transition Conference: Challenges of the 21st Century: Past, Present and Future of Medicine and Health Care in Post-socialist World(s), University of Warsaw.
- together with Radim Marada, Slávka Ferenčuhová and Marcel Tomášek. Eighth Annual International Postgraduate Conference: Life in Motion. UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, London and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic.
TEACHING (FSS MU, Czech Republic):
“Anthropological Theory”, “Sociology of Medicine”, “Anthropological Research”, “Anthropology, Body and Medicine”, “Body and Embodiment” (co-taught), “Diploma seminar”
‘Research in Art: Robots, Machines, Bodies’ (co-taught with artist Lenka Klodová), “Art, Community, Research”, (co-taught with artist Kateřina Šedá), “Political Anthropology”, “Art in Research/Introduction to Disability” (co-taught with artist Lenka Klodová),“Anthropology and Kinship”, “Visual Anthropology”, “Social and Cultural Theory”, “Diploma seminar”, “Introduction to Sociology”, “Introduction to Social Anthropology”, “Research Methods”, “Idea of Race and Ideology of Racism”
- together with Jindřich Štreit, and Ilona Kulíková. 2012. One Light, FSS MU.
- together with Petr Dubjak, Miloslav Čejka, Veronika Vašková, Eugen Kukla and Ida Chulíková. 2011. 3+2. FSS MU.